A new Italian-American gastropub and wine bar has opened in the space that had housed Kenny’s Castaways for over 35 years. Opened in March, 2014, Carroll Place takes its name from a grand blockfront on Bleecker Street built in 1831 and named in honor of Charles Carroll, the last surviving signer of the Declaration of Independence. The owners bring their successful formula of Italian cuisine and wood burning pizza oven from their other location, Cotta on the upper west side. The bar menu features artisinal cocktails, small production wines, and a selection of craft beer.
157 Bleecker St.
(between Thompson & Sullivan St.)
New York, NY